2019 was an incredibly special year for us all in the travel industry in Iran. Our days were filled with meetings, planning, calls and emails so much so that nothing seemed impossible to us! We were living our dream. Little did we know that in a blink of an eye not only our lives, but the whole world’s would change. The pandemic started and Iran was quickly affected by it. The result was our tours being cancelled one after another. It was hard to swallow at first and we were in shock! The tourism industry was wrecked and there was nothing we could do but to stop all our activities and watch and wait.
After a while, we realized that we should start again, as people will need to revitalize and of course travelling is the best way for that. So, we decided to be ready for that moment again. To create memories and experiences in the best way we can. To bring laughter and joy and of course above all hope to people’s hearts and lives. This is the beauty of tourism. It works like magic. It gives you things you can never find elsewhere and that is why we are mesmerized by our job. And that is why we are planning in the middle of the pandemic for a better tomorrow. We know this fact that even after vaccinations are done, people are more likely to remain cautious, reluctant, and even scared of facing any kind of health issues. Therefore, we decided to arm our crew and services with new health and safety training and hygiene protocols:
• Allocating large enough vehicles for the tours to be able to allocate two seats to each individual.
• Sanitizing fleet surfaces (daily) and all luggage while boarding.
• Providing hand-sanitizers all during tours for the guests to use getting on/off the vehicle.
• Assigning daily seats to each guest.
• Providing facial masks every 3-4 hours for each guest.
• Using external airflow air conditioning systems in vehicles.
• Working with the hotels and accommodations that are consistently adhere to their health and safety high standards such as: daily cleaned and disinfected rooms, availability of hand sanitizers in all public/private places, trained staff about hygienic protocols, enough space at dining area to keep social distancing.
• Avoiding buffet meals to ensure less contact among people and untouched food.
• Working with restaurants which guests will be served ensuring all health protocols are administered: Sanitize and clean all surfaces every day, provide hand sanitizers for guests at the door before the entry, sanitize tables and chairs after each serving, arranging the tables far enough from each other to keep social distancing.
• Our guide will be well trained to care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of the guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained
Besides each tour guide and driver, our operation department and guest supports will be available 24/7, so our guests can rest assured that they will be in good hands.
We understand how our guests might feel worried starting to travel again since we are also in the same boat. This fear is what we all feel and yet we are sure once the world starts to get back to normal, by following the health and safety protocols we can start to have safe and memorable journeys once more.