Starting with a train journey from Romania we then head to Moldova; Europe's least visited country.
After a two day tour of the small Eastern European state, we then move on to a 'country that doesn't exist'. Transnistria is a breakaway state on the Eastern edge of Moldova.
Although it is not recognized by the U.N, it is essentially a fully functioning state, with its own border control, and the only nation in Europe that still has a hammer and sickle on its flag.
Referred to as everything from an 'ancient Soviet relic' to 'a taste of North Korea in Europe', it is certainly one of the continent's most unique places.
|2019 Tour dates||Tour name||Price|
|5 - 11 May||Victory Day tour||£495|
|29 Aug - 4 Sept||Independence Day tour||£495|
This price includes:
- return train tickets Bucharest - Chisinau second class 4-berth cabin
- three star hotel accommodation in Chisinau and Tiraspol
- tours, entry fees and English speaking guides
- all ground transport
- meals and wine during Cricova tour
- international airfare to Romania
- personal insurance
- most meals
- single supplement (£150- we can allocate another sole traveller to share with if required, subject to availability)
For those wishing to fly in and out of Chisinau, there will be a £50 reduction in tour price.
A £150 deposit is taken on booking and can be made by credit card (via Paypal), or bank transfer.
Balance is to be paid 8 weeks prior to departure.