Tour itinerary can be seen below.
• Arrive in Beirut, Lebanon’s capital.
• Transfer to your three-star hotel and enjoy the rest of the day.
• Full-day tour of Beirut, learning about the extensive and fascinating history of the city.
• We visit the National Museum, Al Ameen mosque, Al Omary mosque, St George Cathedral, Martyr's square, Place Etoile, Pigeon Rock, the Corniche and more.
• Start the day visiting Jeita Grotto, an expansive system of caves which was one of the top fourteen finalists in the New 7 Wonders of Nature competition. An upper and lower cavern make up the system; we will travel to the lower cavern by boat across a six-hundred-metre lake.
• Afterwards, we drive on to the ancient city of Byblos, with a history dating back over 7000 years.
• In the afternoon, we take The Téléphérique up the mountain of Harissa to visit the colossal statue of the Virgin Mary and take in panoramic views of the bay of Jounieh down below.
• Back to Beirut and evening at leisure.
• Go to the ancient Phoenecian sea city of Sidon, where we will visit the sea castle, a soap factory and Khan Al Franj.
• In the afternoon, we visit the Mleeta Landmark of the Resistance Museum before returning to Beirut.
• Travel northeast to the ancient Roman city of Baalbeck and take a tour of the largest and best-preserved Roman temples and architecture around. We also check out the archaeological site of Anjar, situated in the Beqaa Valley.
• Return to Beirut to spend the evening at leisure.
• Tour ends. Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
• Option to extend the tour.
• For those taking the extension, meet after breakfast to take a full-day tour of the Cedar Valley—one of the last vestiges of Lebanese cedar forests that once thrived across the region.
• Return to Beirut and overnight in the hotel.
• Meet after breakfast to take a full-day tour of Tripoli, Lebanon's ‘northern capital.’ Tripoli is a city famed for its architectural heritage.
• Return to Beirut for the final night.
• Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
TRIPOLI & CEDAR VALLEY EXTENSION DETAILS:
Our Lebanon tours have a two-day extension with day trips out to both the Cedar Valley and Tripoli after the main tour. This includes a local English-speaking guide, driver and transport, 2 x full day tours, 2 x nights in Beirut hotel with breakfast included. Price: £270pp twin/double room, £350pp single room.