Tour leader: TBC
• Arrive to Port Moresby and transfer to our hotel.
• Take a tour of the city, visiting the market, parliament and the botanical gardens.
• Early morning flight (not included) to Lae.
• A full day tour of PNG's second largest city and capital of the Morobe province.
• We travel along the Highlands Highway to the city of Goroka.
• We'll take a tour of the city where we'll learn about PNG's WW2 involvement in the JK McCarthy museum.
• We will travel overland to Mount Hagen, stopping to visit the Mindima skelton tribe en route.
• Overnight Mount Hagen
• In the morning we will take a tour to Rondon valley where they will be the chance to spot birds of paradise.
• A tour of Mount Hagen in the afternoon including the vibrant market.
• We'll take a trip out to Paiya village where we'll have the chance to see various tribes preparing with their make up for a pre Mount Hagen show.
• Return to Mount Hagen in the afternoon.
• Today is the beginning of the Mount Hagen show! A gathering of tribes from all across the Western Highlands.
• Another chance to get involved with the Hagen show! The tribes continue to gather and put on dancing and music performances.
• Today we return to Port Moresby (flight not included) where we will have a free afternoon.
• Transfer to the airport for your flight home.